Friday, January 22, 2010

My Hobbies

I currently am fourteen years old and in that span of time which I call my lifetime, I have developed s feew likes and dislikes, and I am going to tell you a few of my likes, or my hobbies.



I think my number one hobby would have to be reading. I have always liked to read since young and I enjoy reading across all genres, but particularly science fiction, because the authors of these books can take the reader to a wonderful high-tech future and each story's universe actually has a backstory of its own, which is why the authors can make everything sound so far-fetched and yet possible at the same time, as long as it fits into their universe, of course.



I also enjoy watching movies whenever possible. Movies each also have their own little backstory, but the most interesting part, in my opinion, is that movies are able to express a story in all its forms- be it emotions, the plot, the atmosphere- much more effectively than any book. My most favourite movies are probably the old classics, such as The Dirty Dozen and Dirty Harry. Actually, my class is currently watching Dirty Harry and I always wanted to watch it, but I never had the chance. But its great that we are actually watching it now, because its such a great movie. The character, emotions, atmosphere all are very well-expressed in the movie, no doubt due to Clint Eastwood's superb acting.


Finally, I like to listen to music, especially rock and roll and heavy metal from bands such as ACDC and Iron Maiden. I do not really know why I prefer these types of music, but its probably because its nice to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment